Tuesday, April 1, 2008

RSS feeds-week 4


I have enjoyed this week's adventure with RSS feeds as it has been great to learn something new.

I am always on the internet reading the news sites and finding information everyday to find out what is happening in the world around me and now I can have it all fed to me! With RSS it's great that it is on one site.

I have enjoyed setting up my feeds on Bloglines and have started with ABC news, BBC news, Quotes of the day and Library news and was very happy to be able to set up the photo of the day from the Powerhouse museum. I have posted a picture here so that you see the photo of the day. It is the interior of the museum and is meant to show the architecture. I like the simple lines and colours

I think the possibilities are endless for libraries - it's a great way for librarians to keep up to date with information and news from around the world, also it saves time searching for the latest information if it is pushed to you instead.

From the library marketing point of view it could be used to promote author talks, new resources, holiday activities and promotions to the time poor consumer and also has the advantage of being environmentally friendly.

I can now boast I am au fait with RSS feeds to the child units.....

Balatro

No comments: