Thursday, May 1, 2008

Del.icio.us, tagging, LibraryThing and Technorati - Week 7

This week I have learnt wonderful new topics. I had previously heard of them but had not ever used them or knew what they were.

Del/icio.us- this is a great idea and very timely for me as I travel to the central library in my work and use whichever PC is vacant, however I can't bookmark my sites as I change desks and PC's each time depending on availability. I now will be setting up my sites and links for work in del.icio.us

With tagging I like the idea of it looking like a cloud, so unstructured.Have looked at Sutherland libraries tag cloud- very extensive. I like the informality of tagging and how you can personalise the tags for your own use.

LibraryThing - I can see the uses for this in the library, particularly with Reader's advisory and Bookclub.

Technorati- wonderful discovery.I like reading blogs so this is a wonderful way to search for them on particular topics of interest to me.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Glad you have learned wonderful new topics, thanks for the feedback

Pat