Saturday, May 3, 2008

Podcasts - Week 9

Podcasts- Enjoyed this session for selfish reasons - I have been wanting to learn about Podcasts so that I can download to my Ipod and listen to shows at my leisure, broadcasts I miss due to work.

Found the British library podcast took forever to download and this was on my home PC. Would be heaps slower on the work one !! The ABC has a good range of subjects with feeds to subscribe to.Looked at Mt Kisco Library feeds and they have an interesting range of topics including their Halloween feed and interview with a choreographer.

The possibilities for my library are author talks, children's storytime, interviews with local personalities/ people of note, how to use catalogues, HSC lectures and marketing upcoming events at the library.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I agree with you - libraries could really use podcasts to promote their events. All those ipods on all those ears on all those buses, trains and bikes!

Victoria