Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mashups - Week 10

This weeks topic is Mashups and not of the potato kind !

It's been interesting - have visited 'London: a life in Google maps' and enjoyed the many layers that can be visited virtually. From my library's perspective, a use could be mashing a site with old historic places of interest and significance from a Local History perspective. I have looked at the Public library finder site and think that it is a great idea, as it links to the library's website and has the street address.

Keir Clarke has an interesting site with his starviewer and I have enjoyed clicking on the different galaxies around us. Quite relaxing and pondering if there is life out there !!

Have had fun making up my own Mashups with Big Huge Labs. I really love this site and the creative things we could do with it in the Library - promotional cards, calendars with library buildings and themes , historical and significant sites etc- Oh, the endless possibilities..........

Here is my MASHED POTATO !! D'OH !!




1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It is amazing the way people can use mashups in creative ways to provide access to information.

I am glad you enjoyed making your own mashups.

Ellen (PLS)